God Motivation is the state wherein the Christian is fueled solely by God and toward God to the glory of God.
(more here)

Monday, September 26, 2011

God Motivation and the Spirit Lamp

The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD,
        searching all his innermost parts.

(Proverbs 20:27)

Even though it's not the newest technology out there, I still think that the tools doctors/surgeons have to look into the human body are pretty fascinating.  Tiny lighted cameras traveling down narrow passageways in search for certain problems is just pretty amazing.  But what those in the medical field (or any field) don't have is the ability that is mentioned here--nobody can look that deep.

Think about it for a moment.  God has designed the spiritual core of a human being to shine in such a way that everything about him/her is revealed.  Though it's an inadequate description, I picture a miner who has placed a lantern in the recesses of a hidden cave, who knows just how to walk to it in the dark, and then lights it to reveal to his own eyes everything he's digging out, shaping, reinforcing, preserving, and drawing out for use and display on the outside. 

The fact that God sees me in this way is so encouraging.  There's something in each of us that wants to really be known for who we are, to be fully understood and mapped out so that we don't have any explaining to do or reasons to give for why we're feeling a certain way or need to do certain things.  God's done the mapping and sees all of that with each person.  There's no reason to try and hide anything from Him and there's no sense in worrying about whether or not God will miss something and forget to take care of a need.  I'm so thankful that He does that.  I'm so thankful that He knew my need for Jesus and showed me that need so that my innermost parts could be changed and my "lamp" not condemned when my "cave" crumbles.  I'm so blessed to know a little something of pure God motivation because of the work He's done in me.  And I'm blessed to know that He's not done with the work.

No comments: