God Motivation is the state wherein the Christian is fueled solely by God and toward God to the glory of God.
(more here)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

God Motivation and a Poo Prayer

My little 2 year old girl is starting to pray...not just when we prompt her, but when she feels she needs help from the Lord.  The current prayer sounds something like this as she finds a private wall, leans against it with head bowed and hand outstretched to balance in a pose that looks somewhat like a healing service (for the wall), and says, "Dear God, please help me poop." 

LOVE IT--her tiny (slightly-pained-but-ever-so-cute) voice, her innocently saying "God" and "poop" in the same sentence, and the fact that she's giving me one of the best exhibitions of in everything by prayer and supplication (Philippians 4:6) that I will likely ever view in my life.

My little sweetie's got the kind of God Motivation that brings tears to daddy's eyes.  In moments like that, she wants Him, and then will be the first to smile and run around the house saying, "Thank you, God!" leaving a little trail of heavenly stink in her wake.

Thanks for the lesson, Moom-Tucket, and thank you, Lord, for showing me something beautiful through my saggy-diapered little blondie.

No comments: